Ten Lessons the Arts Teach
Hilton Head Island Elementary School for the Creative Arts
Where every teacher is a MASTER
and every student is a MASTERPIECE!
An Arts Infused Curriculum . . .
- Integrates the Arts into Math and Reading as appropriate, but these subjects are also taught as individual subjects each day.
- Provides students with a creative learning environment with student performances, exhibitions of art work and special performing groups.
- Builds relationships with the community to increase resources for the students.
- Honors the Arts as stand-alone subjects.
- Offers a curriculum-connected Artist in Residence Program and field trips for each grade level.
The Academic Program. . .
What makes us different?
- Our curriculum is organized using an Arts Infused approach to South Carolina State Standards.
- We create flexible grouping for Reading and Math at all grade levels.
- Local Funding
- Over $300,000.00 in Competitive Grants
- Arts in Basic Curriculum Grant
- SC. Dept. of Education Distinguished Arts Program Grant
- Teacher EIA Grants
Arts Organization Affiliations:
- Arts in the Basic Curriculum Model Site
- Adopt-A-School by The Arts Center of Coastal Carolina
- South Carolina Arts Commission
- University of Arts Education Leadership Institute/Winthrop University
- Spoleto Summer Institute
- Island School Council for the Arts